STUDENT ACCOLADES…and related press
List from various courses over my teaching career thus far.
- Graduate students Ruben Olguin and Abbey Hepner have their artwork featured at Paseo Taos Art Festival, NM
- Graduate student Abbey Hepner has her interactive bioluminescent artwork ‘Nuclear Illuminations’ featured at 516 Arts, NM during ‘HABITAT: Exploring Climate Change Through the Arts’
- Electronic Arts graduate students Ruben Olguin and Ayrton Chapman with Chris Clavio (undergrad) have their Immersive Media Fulldome artwork featured by NM Arts in Public Places (during Art Basel Miami), FL
- Chris Clavio (undergrad) has his fulldome work ‘Mind Chimes’ (initiated in my Immersive Media course) featured in ‘Currents 2014 Santa Fe International New Media Festival’
- Electronic Arts duo Ruben Olguin and Chris Clavio (grad/undergrad) have their collaborative artwork (Sole Power) from my Spring 2013 Physical Computing course presented online in THE NEXT IDEA at Ars Electronica Center.
- Electronic Arts/ Photo graduate student Colby Sempec has his MFA Thesis fulldome production, from my Fall 2010 Immersive Media: Fulldome course, presented at ISEA 2012.
- Electronic Arts undergrad trio, Seth Grant / Parker Jennings / Dylan Stevens-Sheriff, have their collaborative artwork (Global Nomadic Radio Dialog) from my Spring 2010 Physical Computing course presented online in THE NEXT IDEA at Ars Electronica Center.
- Electronic Arts graduate student, Mitchell Marti, and at-large undergraduate student, Ruben Olguin, have their Fulldome works, produced in my Immersive Media course, featured in CURRENTS 2011 The International New Media Festival, Santa Fe.
- Graduate student Teresa Buscemi’s artwork (electrostaticArchitecture) from my Spring 2010 Physical Computing course is presented in The World in 100 Years.. at Ars Electronica in Linz, Austria.
- UNM Today, “Student Wins International Award in Immersive Media“, by Sari Krosinsky, June 15, 2010
- Barbara Ryckman receives Creativity Award for her submission to the International Fulldome Festival in Jena, Germany.
- Graduate student, Mitchell Marti receives Honorable Mention for his submission to the International Fulldome Festival in Jena, Germany.
- Wakeah Vigil selected as Finalist for her submission to the International Fulldome Festival in Jena, Germany.
- All 10 student projects submitted to the International Fulldome Festival in Jena, Germany screen in the program.
- Trio of Physical Computing students mount public exhibition of interactive work off campus, receive press. View here.
- Dylan Stevens-Sheriff receives Bauhuas Award for his submission to the International Fulldome Festival in Jena, Germany.
- All 4 student projects submitted to the International Fulldome Festival in Jena, Germany screen in the program.
- Two students from the University of Washington Simpson Institute present their research at the 2004 Southern California Conference on Undergraduate Research.
- Four students from my UC Berkeley video art course receive University awards/honors for projects done within the course.